Sunday, March 7, 2010

Bacchus 2010



Bacchus 2010.

Drew Brees is the King. And his wife the Queen. We arrive about 2 hours early, and the streets are packed. We are on St. Charles and Napoleon. Sweet. We find a spot on the parade route where people are dancing behind us to the sound of Neil Diamond's "Sweet Caroline". There are several frat houses and the party is in full swing! I ask a lady if we can get on one of her ladders, because my friend needs a good shot of Drew Brees for her assigment. "Sure no problem" and she gives us two ladders! People are here for a GOOD TIME! Everyone is happy! No one pushes or shoves! The next goal...get a black Drew Brees doubloon! We are here for great pictures, a great time, and that special doubloon that only Drew Brees will throw!! I ask a kid to catch us some and offer him $$. His eyes are as big as doubloons! Later he gives us 2, the only 2 he caught, and I give him $5.00. We are both happy! Next goal...catch a Drew Bress football! We do not accomplish this one. But I have a picture of a very happy lady who did catch one (see below). Oh, it's all so silly I know...parades, happy people, but if you can't let your hair down here, then you must be bald! I hope that whomever sees my pictures enjoys them, and feels the fun spirit of Mardi gras. And please drop me a line or two!!

















This is true "hero worship"...kids wearing Drew Brees tatoo "birth marks"... and the proceeds go to a charity. There were dozens of kids wearing these tatoos! How sweet and bizarre.













On assignment...
"Drew Call Me"...
People threw beads at this big guy.


and his girlfriend...








Drew!
The lucky lady who caught Drew Brees' football...


















The Flame Beau Carriers...back in the day they lit the way for the night parades, and people tipped them...now we have street lights...too bad...



For My Paris...


"Moo Dat"...

No comments:

Post a Comment